Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Does this gorilla make my butt look fat?

I was prompted to write this letter after reading the article listed below.

Dear Gorillas, abiding in various Zoos across our Great Country;

So I hear that they (and by “they” I mean a few zoo keepers who shall remain unnamed at this point) think you’re getting a little fat and lazy. I know you’re thinking to yourself that this is an embarrassment, right? Pretty soon you’ll be residing in the number one fattest zoo in America. You’re already having trouble fitting into the “normal” size of 114, and now they would like for you to squeeze back into the jeans from your younger years. Weren’t they a size 102?

I want you to know that America is behind you. We believe in you. I believe in you. You get yourself on that treadmill and you work for that body of yours. Leave behind the numerous helpings of molasses for smaller portions of veggies, and eggs, and granola. When you feel like you want to sit around and watch T.V., ask your friend if she’ll go on a walk with you instead. There are so many things you can do to turn your life around. Take it one step at a time, and one day at a time. Believe in yourself. We know that you’ll get there.

With Unwavering Support,

Morg

This is a great article about the animals living in our zoos. Makes you wonder if they would be overweight in a more natural environment: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23674738/















2 comments:

Dara said...

Poor gorillas they get so much pressure from the chimpanzees to be skinny. Yay Blogs!!

Jayspee27 said...

I know!!! I have sweaty palms for them!!