Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Girl's Best Friend

Egg Whites.

My new favorite breakfast- egg whites on an English Muffin. I have the problem of eating breakfast and being hungry again by 10:00 AM. I don't really have time to eat during work, but I find the hunger pains so unbearable that I have to eat something. But not anymore. 


What you need:
Egg Whites (I buy the kind you can pour out of the carton)
Low-fat English Muffins (make sure they're whole-wheat & high fiber)
Salsa
Low-fat grated Parmesan Cheese


Cook the egg whites (I like to scramble).  Toast the English Muffin. Once the egg whites are cooked, divide and place on each half. Cover with salsa and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese. I also add a little hot sauce for extra flavor. 


I know this sounds really simple, but it is so good!! This breakfast is great because everything is low-calorie and low-fat, but it's high in protein and fiber-- both which are very filling. When I eat this I stay full until lunch. It's my new favorite.

2 comments:

Dara said...

I think we need more health tips from you. You're so wise.

Mandy said...

I requested more from her last night! I will do what you say Morgy.