Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My Denver, CO Weekend

Well I have to say that I had a wonderful weekend with Jason in Denver.

When I arrived at O'Hare, it was packed. There were so many flights cancelled and the lines at the desks were extremely long. But I was one of the fortunate one's. My flight was only an hour delayed. While waiting for my flight I became bored, so I decided to walk around the terminal. I saw so many things. People were becoming so impatient with delays. There was one guy who walked away from his gate yelling, "United sucks!!" On my next lap around, he was boarding his plane. You could just feel the tension. I wanted to be like those kids who were riding the railings of the moving sidewalks. They looked like they were having so much fun.

Anyway, we had a wonderful weekend in Denver. On Saturday, Jason drove me around so that I could see the hospitals and clinics where he's working. We did a little shopping, a little eating, and a lot of sight-seeing. We stayed Saturday night at the Castle and Marine Bed & Breakfast. It is such a beautiful building and we had a great room with a patio and a hot tub. (The picture is of the B&B). Jason took me to dinner at this great restaurant, Tables. It was such a great atmosphere, mis-matched and downhome...with wonderful food! Jason order braised lamb with autumn veggies, and I order mahi-mahi. My dish was really good, but his dish was SO YUMMY. As is normal with us, I ate my plate, and then I finished his plate. We were sitting at the bar for dinner, and the guy next to us asked Jason what he ordered. Jason told him that it was the lamb, and the guy responded, "You seemed to enjoy it, well you BOTH seemed to really enjoy it." I was a little embarrassed.


On our way back to the B&B, Jason turns to me and says, "You know the Bed & Breakfast is haunted right?" I looked at him and said, "Do you know who I am?" Basically I almost started crying because I hate scary things. I mean, really, really hate it. I haven't stepped foot in haunted house since elementary school. Now I was staying in a real haunted house? But I didn't encounter any ghosts (although I did have a little trouble sleeping). The only strange thing that happened was right before we left. Jason took our bags down to the car and I was sitting on the bed (a little scared and nervous I might mention) and the door opened. It wasn't from a draft...It just slowly opened really wide. Ghost? I don't know...

But now I'm back in Chicago and I'm getting ready to fly to Denver again this Friday. Jason's internship will be finished and he'll be headed back home. It will be a great and long drive back. I'll be happy to have him home.

1 comment:

Dara said...

I'm so glad you had fun at the haunted B&B. Do you remember when we thought there was that demon in our room? We both woke up at the same time!!! It was so weird.