Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Style Icon

I really admire and adore Cate Blanchett. Not only is she one of my favorite actresses, she is also one of my style icons. In my eyes this woman can do no wrong. I think that she is a true actress and she can obviously play any roll. Did anyone see her play Bob Dylan? Seriously, she can morph into anyone. I also loved her in the roles she played in the film "Coffee & Cigarettes". The movie is made up of many different vignettes based around the conversations had while drinking coffee, and well you guessed it... In this particular vignette, she plays an actress and the actresses rough-and-tumble cousin. Think "Parent Trap" but without Haley Mills, or the very-cute-at-the-time, Lindsay Lohan. Anyway, she plays both of the roles so perfectly that you forget it's the same actress.

But aside from being a great actress, she has such a great sense of style about her. She is timelessy beautiful and classic, but always dresses herself in a very fashion-forward way (thank you Heidi Klum for introducing to me to the term, fashion-forward). She can wear anything, and because of her classic look, pull it off. I'm always surprised by her choices, and I think she's always a hit.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

These are really beautiful pictures of her! She pretty much rocks.

Gena said...

Morgandi! My morning just got a lot better. I'm so glad you have a blog. I feel like this is the only way I can stay in contact with some of my friends. Glad you had such a good time in Denver and Jason is home. That's got to be tough.