Monday, April 28, 2008

A dweeb, a geek, and a weirdo

I need to start out by saying that this picture has nothing to do with this posting. I tried to find a picture where I looked like a dork because this story is about me being dorky. Also, let me preface this story by saying that I am full of grace and class--I never trip or fall, and I never spill food or coffee on myself. So this happening was very out of sorts for me. :)

As you know, Jason left Friday morning and I think it's left me a little out of sorts.

A Dweeb: On Friday night, my friend Whitney and her husband Scott took me up into Wisconsin to go to Texas Roadhouse and Woodman's (the largest and cheapest grocery store in the country). It was so sweet of them to take me and I had so much fun! On our way back home, I felt the seam of my sweater, and I realized it was on inside-out. I thought that it wasn't noticeable, because my hair was long enough to cover my tag in the back. But I looked in the mirror and realized that there was a huge tag with an extra button in the side seam. I bet it's the last time they let me hang out with them.

A Geek: Saturday morning, I taught piano lessons. It was really cold outside and so I wore a puffy vest. During my first lesson, my student asked me, "Why are you wearing your jacket inside out?" Yes, I did it again. Twice, in less than 12 hours, I was inside-out.

A Weirdo: The same morning, after my last lesson, I was talking to my student's parents. The girl turned to her mom and whispered something while looking at my pants. I thought, "Great! My pants are unzipped!" The mom said to her daughter, "You might as well tell the poor girl." My student then pointed to my pants and said, "You have a sticker where you zip your pants."
I look down and low and behold, there is a large, shiny star sticker on the crotch of my pants.

What is wrong with me?? I really can't say...

3 comments:

Dara said...

You should have just pretended you're making a new trend again. Like when you threatened to bring back the fanny pack.

OutsidersIn said...

Thanks for making me feel better about the dorky things I do. You crack me up.

Gena said...

Erick and I are laughing so hard right now.