Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Oklahoma

This past Saturday Jason took me to The Home Depot. No, we didn't go there to buy home gadgets or paint, he took me there because they sell my favorite hot dog. And I'm not even that big of a hot dog fan. But these are so good. As we were heading back to the car with hot dogs in tow, this little boy and his parents were walking past our car. All the sudden he was pointing at our license plate saying, "Look, Oklahoma!!" I don't blame the kid for being excited, I remember how neat it was to see a license plate from an obscure state. As they were looking at our car, Lash and I walked up. The dad says, now pointing to us, "Look they're from Oklahoma! (while I'm wiping mustard off my face, feeling like a freakshow at the circus) They came all the way from Oklahoma to go to Home Depot!"

No my friend, we came all the way from Oklahoma to get a hot dog.

The picture is a framed, embroidered cloth from the centennial that is hanging in our kitchen. We really love and miss living in Oklahoma. We cannot wait to get home.

1 comment:

Dara said...

I love that you go to Home Depot for hotdogs. When I was in Ft. Worth a few weeks ago someone saw my license plate and was like Oklahoma?!?!? like it was a different planet. I didn't want to burst his bubble and tell him that with the exception of the color of the dirt we might as well be the same state.