Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Great Visit

We had such a great time last week in Oklahoma. It's always wonderful to see friends and family, and I love wearing sleeveless tops....it's still kind of chilly in Chicago. So here's how our visit went.

On Thursday I spent time with the family, and Thursday night we went to Bricktown to eat dinner. We also invited along significant others (I really didn't want to invite Jason, but he is part of the family now). So let me introduce the others. MaKenna's boyfriend is Chase. This was my first time to meet him and I was very impressed. He's a super-nice guy. Matt's girlfriend is Jessi. She is sooo sweet and she really brings out the best in Matt. Needless to say, we had a great night.




On Friday night, we had dinner with our friends. I can't tell you how much fun we had. I think what we miss the most about being away, is having a group of friends to spend time with. It truly is priceless and we can't wait to get back. I love my friends, and I relish in the fact that my friends are now parents!! Dara and Mandy have the sweetest and happiest babies. I know it's due to the fact that they are such wonderful and loving moms. Maybe someday when I have kids, they'll raise them for me...I'm just saying, they're that good! The only time they cried is when I held both of them. Is that a bad thing? Probably.

The crying scene. They really wanted their moms!
Friday and Saturday were spent in Edmond with Jason's brother Nate, and his wife Holly. I love Nate and Holly so much! They have been so good to us and we always have a great time with them. They have the sweetest child, Addison. When Addy was born, they were living in Chicago (Nate went through the same program Jason is going through) and we were fortunate enough to be there as well. We've really enjoyed watching Addy grow and she is definitely one of the greatest loves of our life. She has grown so much since the last time we saw her, and she is talking so much!! I just love hearing her say, "Aunt Morg and Uncle Jasee."
Here are some pictures at their house, and the picture with Jason and me is at the Paseo arts festival. I keep saying that she's looking more and more like me, but nobody believes me! :)



3 comments:

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Morgandi Lashley said...

Were you friends with Jason in school? I'll have to tell him hello for you. He still plays music, but not quite as often now. I have a facebook account, so if you ever wanted to send him a message, feel free to do so, or you can just leave a message on my blog.
Also, you can mess up my blog anytime! I do a pretty good job of it myself. Nice to hear from you!