Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Listening to


Ray Lamontagne. Till the Sun Turns Black.

I love Ray Lamontagne's first album. You know how a song or an album can take you right back to a certain time or place? That's what "Trouble" does for me. I was listening to that album non-stop around the time Jason and I got married. It takes me straight back to our apartment in OKC. I most fondly look upon those times because of the countless summer porch nights spent with our dear friends.

I really have enjoyed listening to his second album. It's really quite beautiful. Hopefully it will evoke only happy memories in the future.

Don't let your mind get weary and confused-Your will be still, don't try-Don't let your heart grow heavy child-Inside you there's a strength that lies

Don't let your soul get lonley child-It's only time it will go by-Don't look for love in faces, places-It's in you, that's where you'll find kindess

Be here now-here now

Don't lose your faith in me-And I will try not to lose faith in you-Don't put your trust in walls-'Cause walls will only crush you when they fall

Be here now-here now

1 comment:

Dara said...

I love me some Ray. Trouble was my ringtone for awhile.