Monday, June 23, 2008

Gotta Love the Cubs

I'm not a huge sports fan. I don't even pretend to be a sports fan. Now there are moments when I slightly get into OU football, and it's merely due to the fact that I won't see my husband and friends during football season if I don't hang out around the TV. I'm usually reading magazines or browsing the internet, but I'm there, and I feel somewhat involved if I'm in the vicinity.
Then the Cubs came along. I went to one game and I was hooked. The atmosphere, the hot dogs, the view of the city; it really is perfection. My loyalty has grown this season and I now follow them fervently. In fact--and you will need to brace yourself for this--I planned Jason's and my Sunday evening around the Cubs/White Sox game. My husband has never been so proud of me. I don't even think he was this proud or happy on our wedding day. In the end I may have watched only four, three, two, okay I watched one inning; and I may have secretly wanted to wear a pink Cubs shirt a la Jessica Simpson, but I know my loyalty, and it definitely lies with the Cubs.


No comments: