Thursday, September 18, 2008

16 1/2 Week Update


Yes, I'm pulling out the 1/2. I'm like a little kid who wants to get their birthday exactly right.
It's definitely time for a Baby-Lash update. Everything is going really well. I feel better and better everyday, and it helps now that Jason is back home. I have him here for three more weeks before he's off to Ft. Worth for a month. Glamorous life, I know. My belly's starting to get a little bit bigger, and safety pins have become my friend. My regular clothes are still fitting, but my work pants are a little tight in the waist. The safety pins are holding it all together right now. Again, what a glamorous life. By the way, I must apologize for the pictures of me with no makeup and in my workout clothes. For some reason, I only think to take belly pictures after a workout.
I must say that this pregnancy thing is starting to grow (pun intented) on me. This is probably the most peaceful and calm I have felt in my entire life. It's funny how that calmness is so beautifully juxtaposed against the stress of my day to day life--being away from the comforts of home, stressful job, husband away... I guess I feel like this was just meant to be. This is God's plan and I'm learning not to fight it. The one quote that I have posted everywhere in my life (at work, at home, tattooed on my arm...not really) is something that I found the day after I found out I was pregnant, and it is just so beautiful.
Wherever you are, the world will rise up to meet you.
For me, this is really powerful and infinitely true. We are always given the tools, the situations, and the people we need to make it through anything. That is peace.
Totally off the subject, but I need some solicited advice. What prenatal vitamins did you all take during pregnancy? All the brands I have tried make me puke. So much for peace.

9 comments:

Gene said...

That's one of the cutest tummies I've ever seen! Thanks for sharing!

Paula and I are so happy for you and Jason! Isn't God good? What a wonderful life you two are forging for yourselves!

Jason came over when he was here and all of us sat on the front porch--Jason, Neil, Joni, their kids, Paula -- the whole crew--and we discussed a problem I have with my right foot. Jason is so smart! He really knows that stuff! He gave me some ideas for a chronic problem I've had for over a decade with my right foot. I'm trying his suggestion and it seems to be making a difference. I'll let him know how it's going when there's been enough time for the change to make a difference. Please thank him for me!

You two are such sweet people. It's fun to be able to keep up with you!

Love you!

Gene Shoemake

Dara said...

I just used the generic brand from Walgreens that my doctor said was just as good. I'm sure you know this but I would only take my vitamin at night because it made me much less nauseous than in the morning.

Jayspee27 said...

Morg, you're adorable! Your little belly is coming along nicely.

Aubrie Ross said...

Congrats to you guys! I am just 5 weeks behind you - due April 8th.
I agree with Dara. It helps me alot to take it right before bed with a light snack.

Tamra said...

Vitamins. Yuck. I hope Flintstones comes up with a chewable prenatal by the time I need one. :)

Keep on growin, Baby Lash!!!!

Love y'all.

Mandy said...

I took the generic ones too at night and also took a calcium pill. You look great!

Tamika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tamika said...

Congrats on your pregnancy, I know you all will be gratparnts. I took he generic pink ones from Walmart and I always took them before bed.

Morgandi said...

Thank you all for your nice comments! I've switched to a generic vitamin, and no more throwing up. Yay! The best advise I've probably ever received.