Monday, September 15, 2008

The Best Valentine's Day Ever




No, it's not Valentines' Day, but I have to tell my favorite Valentine's Day story. By the way, this story isn't totally random, just sort of. Let me explain my train of thought. We are babysitting my friend's dog, Bailey, while my friend and her husband are out of town. I love it when animal's names are human names, especially when one such dog's name is Abby...


Valentine's Day about 5 years ago. I hate Valentine's Day...even when there's someone to celebrate with. I was living with Jayna at the time and we decided to have some people over to have a non-traditional, non-celebratory sort of celebration for the dreaded day. We were inviting a bunch of people, and we decided to invite Jason. He had just gotten off the road and he was really tired, but I thought I could entice him with an exciting piece of news. We had a girl for him to meet!! (You have to understand at this point, Jason and I were strictly friends. In fact, I think my boyfriend at the time was at this charade too.) I explained that the girl was short and petite, with dark hair and dark eyes; just his type...oh, and her name was Abby. A little while later, Jason shows up, freshly shaven, showered, and looking mighty handsome for his new date. He looks at Jayna and me, giving us the "where is she?" eyes. At that moment, Jayna opens up a kennel, and out pops a petite, dark-haired, dark-eyed dog. Abby actually belonged to Jayna's parents and she was babysitting for the weekend. Mean, I know. But Jason had a really good sense of humor about it. I feel bad even writing about this story, but it really was funny. I need to go home and bake him some cookies or something. Poor guy! I put him through so much.

2 comments:

Dara said...

Well to be fair Abby is a pretty good catch. I miss watching her little claws scamper across Jayna's wooden floor.

Jayspee27 said...

AAAAAABBBY!!!!!!! I LOVED THAT DOG! She did have a thing for Jason, if you want to know the truth about it. I miss that little dog! That was one of the funnest and funniest nights ever, well that and me crashing through the screen door, but they're neck in neck!