Saturday, September 27, 2008

Nights in Rodanthe....Early Bird Style

I've spent the last 30 minutes trying to post a picture from the movie, but it didn't work. Sorry if it's not as interesting. 

I had a tough day at work yesterday...make that a really tough week. I came home and I was completely exhausted, emotionally and physically. Jason and I had discussed going to a movie later that night, but when he saw my state, he knew a movie would immediately cheer me up. So instead of going to the 7:45 flick, we made it to the 5:00 show. To be extra nice, he forewent his movie choice of "Tropic Thunder" for my choice, "Nights in Rodanthe." When we got to the theatre, I had the irking feeling that we chose the wrong movie. We were younger than everyone in the audience by at least thirty years. Not that I don't love that crowd, I do! I just took it as a bit of an omen. This movie was long, overly dramatic, and really sad. It was so cheesy that tears weren't even necessary on my part, but what can I say, I'm pregnant.  I literally sat there and bawled for about 30 minutes (yes, the sad part went on for over 30 minutes). My eight pounds lighter, non-pregnant self floated above me and was mocking me. No matter how much I hated myself for crying, I could not stop it. Oh well, at least I had an excuse for the tears. 

To make matters worse, there were three 13-year old girls that snuck in after the movie started. Not a movie for kids!! I could hear their internal dialogue so clearly. "This isn't anything like 'The Notebook'! Trust me, I was thinking the exact same thing. 

My husband sat through the whole thing, the bawling, the cheesy movie, and the early bird special just to make me happy. Very sweet. But next time, I'll go with his movie choice.

4 comments:

Dara said...

I'm just proud of you for staying awake through a whole movie. The worst movie I ever saw in a theater was Autumn in New York. Maybe its just Richard Gere.

Gene said...

What a guy! That's 'true love'...!
It takes a real man to go to a cheesy movie with his sweet wife!

April said...

Oh no! I read the book a few years ago and was not impressed, so I'm glad to have your review before I waste the money. And don't worry, even if it were cheesy I would probably cry anyways and I'm not even pregnant! Remember that day in conducting a few years back? ha!

Morgandi said...

Oh yes, I remember that day. I think we were all crying. Poor Dr. Adams.