Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Week 25: Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes


If I could have a theme song with this post it would be David Bowie's "Changes". I feel like over the past couple of weeks I've been entertaining the fact that I might be pregnant. Now I'm convinced. I actually feel pregnant. I huff and puff when I walk up the stairs, I huff and puff when I get up from any sort of comfortable seating, and I huff and puff when I lean or bend over. But the fun part is, I feel the baby move quite a bit. I love her little hiccups and sometimes I swear she's moving furniture around in there. Maybe it's all the reality shows I watch that she has absorbed. I think she's been inspired by Top Design to make her space a little more feng shui, hence, the moving furniture. If she comes out saying "auf wiedersehen, mwah, mwah," we'll know I've been watching too much Project Runway too.

I can't believe that I've been pregnant for six months, and I can't believe that we are going to meet her in a few short months. I go between feeling overjoyed and terrified. That's normal, right? I can't believe they're going to let us bring a baby home. I feel so unprepared, but I know that we'll be able to figure it out. I'm right, right? In spite of the anxiety I feel at times, I'm so thankful. I wouldn't change it for anything. I can't wait to meet the little one.

8 comments:

LYNN said...

Morgandi! This is so exciting! I am so happy for you. I remember all of the feelings before I went into labor with Ethan. I was terrified. I wanted to see his face, but totally was unqualified to be his mother. He were are, 4 years later and madly in love! Being a mom is the best thing God made. You will do amazing!

Gena said...

It's the weirdest thing in the world knowing that they are just going to let you take a baby home from the hospital when you have no clue about anything. It feels illegal. You guys will figure it out really quickly. The only hard part is no sleep :)

Dara said...

Nobody knows what to do with a baby until you get one. Don't worry. I think the ride home from the hospital was the weirdest feeling ever. Ben has never driven so slowly.

Newberry said...

I will echo what everyone else says--it is so overwhelming not to know what to expect and exactly what you should do with a baby, but once she is here you will know what to do. By the way, you look so cute!

Tamra said...

As the non-parent in the comment crew, let me just say that I can only imagine the ups and downs. But that's part of the fun, right?! :)

Love you, gorgeous one!

Holly Lashley said...

I'm so glad you finally put another picture up there---you look so cute Lil Mama! No worries--if we've made it this far and Addison appears to be a fairly normal child at 3 you and J will do just fine. Can't wait to see you over Christmas and definitely can't wait to meet her in a few short months.

Walt & Saundra said...

Six months!!!?? You do not look that pregnant! Adorable.

Jayspee27 said...

Morg! You're pregnant? huh... who knew?
You look absolutely beautiful! I can only imagine the changes and feelings you are going through. I am just so proud of you! I don't have any advice, not having a baby and all, but I do know you and I do know you are going to be the greatest mother! Chloe is a very lucky little girl to have you as a mom. (I would have said "mommy" but it doesn't sound like either one of us)