Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ya'll ready for this?


It's only November 20th, and yet I've already heard Alvin and the Chipmunks singing "Christmas, Christmas Time is Here." Is it really Chipmunks? Is it here?

According to a local Chicago radio station, it is. This particular station, which began the Christmas celebration on November 10th, plays Christmas music 24-hours a day through New Year's. Is it to early for this? My visceral response is, "YES!" But then I hear the sweet voice of Bing Crosby and I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It evokes wonderful feelings of being at home with family. I'm torn.

Inevitably I will get annoyed. It's happened the past couple of years. There's a coworker of mine who will play the Christmas music station all-day, each and every workday. You can only hear "All I Want for Christmas is You" a few times before the annoyance sets in. I always end up feeling burnt out on Christmas music by the time Christmas actually gets here. It's so sad because I love Christmas music!

So the question I pose is this...Is it too early for the Christmas celebration to begin? Should we make it through Thanksgiving first? Am I so jaded by my coworkers 40-hour a week Christmas music marathon to see the beauty of it all? I don't know. But it looks like Christmas, Christmas time is actually here.

3 comments:

April said...

Yes. It is too early to play music publicly. That should start the day after Thanksgiving in my opinion. But it's not too late to sneak a listen of your favorite Xmas song on your ipod where no one knows! He he! I'm addicted to Kristin Chenoweth's new Christmas album so I can't help but listen to it a little right now. Ha!

Morgandi said...

Oh, I didn't know she had a Christmas album. I'll have to download it. I just love her!

The Warriors said...

I just found your blog on Michelle's and was super excited to see you are having a sweet baby!! A quick peak at our blog and you will see just how much I LOVE being preggers!! So glad things are going well for you guys!! jeni