Friday, January 2, 2009

32 Weeks: I'll nest at your house, too


I realize this may not be the most flattering pregnancy picture, but it's what I have to work with. Let me just go ahead and point out a few things: My fleece and this t-shirt are both too short to be wearing from this point on, and the band on my jeans is hanging out. Fashionable, no, but this is what I look like.
After spending the past two weeks in various locations throughout Oklahoma, I have made it back to Chicago safely. The trip was great, but it was quite the whirlwind. I was constantly on-the-go and sick for most of the time; and I also didn't get the chance to see everyone I wanted to, but it was great to be home nonetheless. I have a lot of great pictures which I can't wait to share with everyone.
Throughout my trip, I had this nagging feeling to get organized everywhere I went. It didn't matter if it was someone else's house, I wanted to get their stuff organized too. I also had the urge to get back to Chicago and get everything in order. Now, I am an organizer at heart, but this urge feels a little different. I definitely have the baby nesting urge. Do I really know what I have to do before the baby gets here, no, but I really want to try. Even if it just means rearranging closets and sifting through drawers, it must be done now. Who knows what this house will look like before the baby gets here, but rest assured the baby will not have any trouble finding her essential items. She'll know exactly where her diapers are when she needs to be changed, and she will definitely not have trouble picking out what she wants to wear each day.
So when I get finished with my house, please let me move onto yours. And if not your house, please let me organize your car or your purse or something. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. This urge is quite overwhelming. Oh, and I can't be trusted with my own fashion advice. I just looked at myself and realized I'm wearing the exact same outfit in the posted picture. I really need to start trying a little harder.

5 comments:

Gene said...

Pretty lady, you could wear a burlap potato sack and you'd still be a little knock-out! You're simply beautiful!

Here's hoping for a beautiful, healthy baby and a good picture someday of Jason taking care of 'loaded diaper'...I'd pay dearly for THAT money-shot!! :)

Happy New Year!

Gena said...

Girl, if it's a North Face jacket you can wear it day and night 24/7. I'm so sorry I wasn't at your shower, but that was a crazy day of performances for me. I have a small, will only fit in Jason's wallet present that I need to give him before he leaves. :) Love you.

Lynn Valdez said...

I think you win the award for cutest pregnant chick ever.

Jayspee27 said...

Morgandi! You have never looked more beautiful!!
Happy NEW YEAR!!!
ps. the only way you look pregnant is if you turn to the side!
I'm so so sad I missed your shower, but it has been fun to people's pics on facebook! It looked like a lot of fun! LOVE YOU!!!

Jay & Maria Akridge said...

Well, we finally had the opportunity to see you during your pregnancy! You look cute! Being pregnant was one of my favorite events in my life. You will have a healthy and blessed little girl.

Much Love,
Jay and Maria