Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Tumbleweeds & Illegal Dumping

For Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, we headed up to see my mom's mom (we call her Sonny) in Beaver, OK. Beaver's located in the panhandle of Oklahoma and apparently has occasional bouts of tumbleweed infiltrations. When we got to Beaver, Sonny kept talking about all of the thistles that collected in her yard everyday. I honestly had no idea what she was talking about. Well, I found out. On Christmas Eve, my mom, Sonny, and I headed out to yard to collect the thistles. I walked outside and said, "Oh, tumbleweeds!" We spent the afternoon raking the tumbleweeds and illegally dumping them in the city park across the street. I figured if Sonny and my mom were into doing something illegal, then it was definitely okay for me. Here are some pictures from the tumbleweed dumping and Christmas Eve.
Fabulous Sonny, raking in her lime green trench coat and 70's shades. I love this picture.

The pregnant lady squat.

Why are you making me work?

Illegal Debbi in action. If you report anyone to the Beaver police, it must be her. We have proof.

Christmas Eve Pictures.
There's nothing like going to Sonny's house.

1 comment:

Jay and Maria Akridge said...

Well, we can honestly say, we have been guilty of "illegal dumping" as well! It is one of those things when you reach a certain point in your life, you want convenience more than having to walk half a mile to the dumpster! LOL!