Friday, January 30, 2009

Word to the Wise


Actually, a more appropriate title would be "A Word for the Wise Not to Use."
I don't like to complain, but I've been called this one too many times throughout this pregnancy... I was actually feeling like I looked really cute today and my self-esteem was on the up and up, until someone told me how "huge" I am. If you are smart and tactful, you should never call a pregnant woman "huge". Especially to her face. I don't care if I am huge. And yes, I realize that I'm getting bigger by the second, but use kind words. Encouraging words. Any words that will make me feel that I don't look like an elephant.

I apologize for the lack of interesting posts. I realize they've all been related to pregnancy. Someday I will have my normal brain back.

5 comments:

Gena said...

And pretty soon they will all be about the baby. And they will never comment how you look again. You will be invisible. Just kidding. ;) You do look great.

Mandy said...

At least they only call you huge when you're pregnant! I think you look beautiful by the way!

Newberry said...

It drives me crazy how people take the liberty to say whatever they want to you when you are pregnant (usually unappreciated things)! Gena is right, too. It unfortunately continues once the baby is born. Just ignore them all; from the pictures you have shown you are definitely not huge, but very cute.

Jennifer said...

I know exactly how you feel, I have also been called "huge" and a "roly poly" within the past week. Do people have no brains? I realize I am huge, I certaintly don't need someone else to remind me of that though either! We both just need to hang in there, it'll all be worth it soon enough.

Tamra said...

Oh please! You're not huge at all. I bet it's a toss-up between you and Gena for tiniest pregnant woman ever. Love you!