Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Escape Artist

Swaddling 101. It's a highly important course you take when you are a new parent. After a lot of practice, we've gotten pretty good. But not good enough for Chloe. You see, this little girl is really strong. She can break out of the tightest of swaddling. She's the next Houdini. Hang her upside down, with a straight-jacket and handcuffs, she'll find a way out. Here are the ways she likes to break free.

Feet. And yes, that's the prayer pose she's doing.


Arms. Oh, did I mention that we swaddle her in two blankets? This girl is strong. I just love these pictures. I think they're so cute!



7 comments:

myra said...

Man, she's a pretty little girl. It's amazing how someone so little can get out of a tight swaddle. Love the picture with her sleeping with her arms behind her head. Morgandy sleeps that way. I think they look so relaxed.

Gina - Peke Moe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jayspee27 said...

I love her!

Mandy said...

I can't believe how freakin gorgeous she is! I really need to hold her and kiss those cheeks! Oh, and Viv would have nothing to do with the swaddling, she broke out everytime!

Dara said...

I love her hair! Ben always had to swaddle Aidan, I could never figure it out.

Gena said...

Morg, I'm seeing a little Jason in there...hate to say it. Daddy's going to have some serious work to do on those flexible feet. ;)

Newberry said...

Okay, I'm not trying to be one of those annoying people giving advice, but one of our favorite items for Mason was a swaddle blanket called "Swaddle Me." You can find them at Babies R Us, and they have velcro on them. Mason LOVED to be swaddled and they were awesome. If you already know about them then just disregard my comment :) Chloe is so beautiful, and I can't wait to see her sweet face in person. I love the picture of her and Jason!