Thursday, March 12, 2009

We are Home!









Our sweet little girl, Chloe Starr is here! She was born Monday night, March 9th at 10:03 PM. She weighs 6 lbs. 12 oz. and is 19 inches long. She is beautiful and more than we ever could've hoped for...but I'm getting ahead of myself. Here's the birth story.

We knew that we were going in for induction on Monday, but we didn't know the time. We were supposed to call at 9 AM that morning to find out what time we were to go in, so I thought I would get a quick jog in early that morning. Mid-workout I got a call from the hospital and they told us to be at there at 7:30 AM. I headed home, packed up and immediately headed to the hospital. I started the induction at 9 AM and labored until 3 PM that afternoon. At 3, they broke my water and things started happening very quickly. Once I was dilated to a 5, I asked for the epidural. Oh, the epidural...what a wonderful thing. I napped until about 8 PM and my doctor arrived at 9. I pushed for an hour before she was born. The delivery was amazing. It was my doctor, a nurse, and Jason. It was so powerful to have gone through the experience with women (the doctor and nurse, obviously not Jason). My doctor let Jason assist with the delivery. He held her head while the doctor suctioned and then did the rest of the delivery. When he put her on my chest, all that I saw were these huge eyes staring at me. I was instantly taken with her. The rest has been truly magical. She is so sweet and has the best demeanor. We just love her so much. I think we fall more in love every second. We are exhausted, but we are so thankful and so happy. 

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. We have felt so much support from everyone in our life. We are so lucky. 

8 comments:

Gena said...

Morgandi and Jason, she is beautiful. Congratulations!

OCdeanwife said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations and a collective "Awwwww" from our household!

Dara said...

I love her little smile, she's so sweet. I forgot to tell you but Chloe has the exact same measurements as Aidan did when she was born. That's so weird!

April said...

You both look wonderful Morgandi! Chloe is absolutely perfect! Congrats again!

Aubrey said...

She is absolutely precious!!! I love her name, too!!! Congratulations!! You will enjoy having such a sweet baby girl!!!

myra said...

So glad it all went well. Chloe is just beautiful! Enjoy this newborn stage it's a sweet time. And by the way, you look just great Morgandi.

Beverly said...

She is beautiful.....I am so glad you have already been wrapped around her fingers!!! Congrats Jason and Morgandi....Beverly North

Joe said...

Joe thinks the fourth picture down looks like Jason. Congratulations!