Monday, April 6, 2009

The Mediator




As all of you parents know, and we've come to learn, nighttime is a tad bit scary. Taking care of a baby during the day is manageable, but at night it's a little overwhelming. It's hard to function when you know that everyone else in the world is asleep...except for other parents. 
The other night, Jason and I had been up with Chloe a couple of times. You know, the normal routine, feed, change diapers, rock to sleep, etc. For some reason, and I will blame being delirious, I decided to pick a fight. I can't even tell you what it was about, but I thought it was the proper time to hash things out. Mid-argument, Chloe decided to blow out her diaper. Shirtless, Jason gets up to change her diaper. He puts her on her changing pad, which was at the end of our bed. She decided that she had enough of the argument and came up with a plan to diffuse the situation. She lifted her legs and shot poo all over Jason's stomach, our bed, the floor, and I'm sure we'll find more later on. After the shock wore off, we started laughing so hard. At that moment, we promised that we would never argue in the middle of the night. We know that Chloe just won't have it, and we don't want to have that situation again. 

Happy 4 weeks little girl. You're our new favorite thing.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Hello! I am a friend of a friend (Monica Thompson). I just recently started a blog for my son & she was telling me how cute your blog is. So I had to check it out & have actually added you to my blog list. :) I love reading about your precious little girl! A lot of your posts, this one in particular remind me a lot of how things tend to go around my house! I miss my son being so little! It really does fly by!

Gena said...

Morg, that is hysterical. I can totally picture that scenario. It's crazy what lack of sleep will do to two sane adults. I was NOT a nice person for a few months after Raegan. You're just soooo tired.

Hang in there!

Michael and Katie said...

I loved that story! Michael and I had a good laugh. I totally know what you mean about the nights with a newborn...I used to start getting depressed when the sun started going down. It was bad. I also agree with Gena. I was absolutely crazy for the first few weeks (ok, months) after Macy was born. Sleep deprivation has to be the worst form of torture! :)

Walt & Saundra said...

Soooo happy you guys are moving back to Oklahoma! The poop story is HILARIOUS. And yes, nights can get difficult. It gets better... the poop get more solid anyway, but stinkier. :)

Mandy said...

That is awesome, at least she didn't do it to you! I can't wait to see you guys in a few days! Love you!

Dara said...

I used to get sad when it got dark too! I was like oh here we go. That part gets better though.

Aubrie said...

Soooooooooooo looking forward to those kind of nights....

Jayspee27 said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I AM DYING LAUGHING!!!! I love that... and she is beautiful btw!