Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Conversations with an 8-week old


I'm officially off my rocker. I walked into Chloe's room this morning and found her awake in her bed. When she saw me, she immediately started screaming... not a "I'm so happy to see you, I love you so much" scream, but a "you better fix me a bottle, pronto, and then change my stinky diaper" scream. I leaned over her, looked her square in the eye and said,

"Hi. I'm your mom. I'm here to meet your needs."

No idea where that came from. I. need. more. sleep. 2 hours a night ain't cuttin' it.

6 comments:

Gena said...

This is the worst part, this is the worst part, this is the worst part. I promise. It gets better. And don't you realize how important sleep is now? I know.

Newberry said...

I am definitely not looking foward to that again. I deeply value my sleep!

Mandy said...

I cannot believe how cute she is, she looks different already! Pretty soon she'll be so excited when you walk in and she'll say Hi Mommy! Your heart will melt!

Michael and Katie said...

Gena's right, this IS the worst part, but it'll get MUCH better. I hope you're able to get more sleep soon! Sleep deprived mommies are completely crazy...I can look back and say that now, but didn't know at the time :) That girl is too precious and I can't believe how much she's grown! Hang in there!

The Walkers said...

She's so cute and getting so big already!

Aubrie said...

I hear ya. The book Baby Wise has already helped me so much! I recommend it if you don't have it already.