Thursday, May 7, 2009

I will call him Saint Lash

Last night, my husband did the nicest thing he could possibly do for me. He let me have one night of uninterrupted sleep. And when I say uninterrupted, I mean it. No monitor in the room. No husband in the bed. No crying baby I inevitably wake up to. Just me. A long, hot bath. My comfiest pj's. The fan turned on high to freeze out the room. And an entire bed all to myself.

To pull the night off, we moved Chloe's bed and humidifier into the living room, and Jason slept on the couch. To let him know how much I appreciated what he was doing, I left notes around the house for him to find during the night.

By her bottles.


On the diaper changing pad.


And of course, on my bedroom door, a kind reminder.


Thought it wasn't harsh enough. I changed the verbage up a bit to make it a little more threatening. I also wanted him to think I'm a tad on the crazy side. Just for extra "no interruptions" insurance.


A picture of a happy and rested mom. And yes, I always look this good in the morning.


All in all, the night was a success. I woke up, went downstairs and everyone was still alive. That's success in my book.

5 comments:

Lea Liz said...

wow, I can only imagine how wonderful that was! lol was that an ealry mother's day treat??

Jayspee27 said...

YAY!!! That Lash! What a sweet guy! I'm so glad you got some shut eye. I think you look wonderful!

Allison said...

How sweet! Okay, this made me tear up a little. :)

Mandy said...

Wow, that truly would be the most wonderful mother's day gift. I hope that Matt reads your blog! By the way, you do look gorgeous right when you wake up!

Newberry said...

That is so sweet, and definitely gives Jason bonus points. Nothing's more valuable to a new mom than sleep, and I'm glad you got a full night of it!