Thursday, May 14, 2009

In the looks department

Let's count the ways my daughter and I look alike:

Same eyes:


Same nose:


Same winning smile:


Alright, let's be honest. More and more, my daughter is looking less like me and more like this guy:


Yep, he's her dad. Just look at these two:


Peas-in-a-pod:


Granted, the girl's only 2 months old, so who knows what she will end up looking like, but I just thought she would look more like me. The few times Jason and I have picked up Chloe together at school (what we're calling daycare), the teachers have said, "Oh look Chloe, there's you're twin." And they're not referring to me, they're referring to Jason. I smile and laugh on the outside, but I have to say that I'm a little sad on the inside. Ladies, you have to admit that the narcissistic, I-carried-this-baby-for-9-months, labored-and-birthed-this-butterball side of you wants your child to at least obtain a few of your features.

The other day I was telling Jason I was a little sad that people don't say we look more alike, and I said, "Do you think she looks like me at all?" He said, "She has your coloring." I responded, "What! She's white?" No response. So my daughter looks like me because she's caucasian. I've kept this response in the tally of wrong responses my husband has made throughout our relationship. The only way to redact this response from the list, Jason, is to tell me this, "She has your blue eyes, red tinted hair, beauty, and sweet personality." Just for future reference.

Honestly, I think my daughter's perfect and you can't convince me otherwise. I wouldn't change a thing about her. I see myself in her everyday, and it makes me celebrate the blessing I've been given. She's happy and healthy. What more could you ask for? Plus, you got lucky kiddo; looking like your dad is a great thing. I have to admit that he's not too shabby in the looks department. I sure do know how to pick 'em.

Mom, I know you are going to disagree with me. You have to admit that she looks like Jason. I know, I know...you think she's a combination of me and my siblings. We can talk about it on the phone later.

One more thing, dear readers, you will NOT hurt my feelings if you say she looks like Jason. You know that I secretly love it!

10 comments:

Aubrie said...

I was thinking she favored Jason from your facebook pic. But, trust me, I feel you. Have you seen my son?? Lucas shrunken. Chloe is adorable whoever she looks like, though!

Dara said...

I know just how you feel. When Aidan was born she didn't look like me at all and everyone said she looked just like Ben. It kind of hurt my feelings just because you hauled this person around for 9 months and then they don't look like you. Of course now she is my identical mini-me. When she gets bigger she will look like both of you. And she does have your hair:)

Amanda said...

Oh girl, I totally relate! Audrey looks just like my husband. Everyone always jokes with me that I should have a maternity test taken to see if she really is my daughter. ;) Chloe DOES look a lot like Jason, but I can definitely see you in a few pictures I have seen. Either way, she is beautiful.

Newberry said...

I've seen just a few of Jason's baby pictures, and I must admit she does look just a little like him :) Whoever she ends up looking like, though, she'll continue to be beautiful. You and Jason both have good features!

OCdeanwife said...

So, she looks like Jason. Let's hope she gets your personality, sense of humor, and talent. . . OK, she will get double the talent! It's all good!

LYNN said...

Morgandi, try giving birth to children with skin at least ten shades darker than yours. It is so weird. I loved looking at your photos. You are so pretty. But as I was rolling down reading, I was wondering if I was the only one that thought she looked like Jason more than you. I have thought it since day one. Good thing Jason is so pretty! Thank you for the insipiring and kind words you wrote on my blog. You touch my heart. Will you be in Oklahoma in August when I go? I miss you.

OK Chick said...

I think she does look like Jason, but like you said she's 2 months old. But like Aubrie said...she is adorable whoever she looks like! You have a pretty baby.

Joe and Talsie said...

Either way, she is absolutely gorgeous!! I hope that we can meet her soon!

Mandy said...

Do you know how many times I heard that Viv looked like Matt in drag? Now people are starting to say she looks like me! Yay!

Jayspee27 said...

Okay. Here's what aunt jayna thinks... (besides her getting her looks from me, clearly) I think she looks like the both of you. She has a few of Jason's facial features, yes, and it might be obvious who the father is, but let me tell you, that is YOUR girl! She has your hair, and you can already tell she has your personality. She has your beautiful blue eyes, and there is no doubt who her mommy is either. I think that is one lucky kid who the jackpot on the gene pool!
Love you! (oh, and Jason's right, she is just as caucasion as you too)