Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mixed Bag

So I'm starting my last week of work. Not a bad thing to start it on a Tuesday.

We had a great 3-day weekend. We spent the weekend running errands, cleaning, cooking, listening to music (rediscoverd love for Damien Rice), a little shopping, and lots of tummy time and cuddling.

I happened to stumble across a new found love of salad, and this is impressive because I already love salad so much. We have found some pre-mixed salads that are so great. In particular, Dole's Hearty Italian. It includes diced salami, parmesan cheese, and seasonings. We added avocodo, which is really strange, but it made it so good. I have to stop talking about it because it's making me hungry.

Jason, Chloe and I went to Anthropologie this weekend. I went to find a dress for graduation and Blake's wedding, Jason went to watch Chloe, and Chloe went for the early exposure to fashion. I was looking for this dress in hopes that the price was majorly discounted:





Couldn't find the dress, but I found another one that is so cute. It was $100 off the original price. Yay for sales! I would post a picture, but I can't find one on the website. It will have to be a surprise.

I'm having a lot of mixed feelings about moving in four weeks. I'm going to be so sad to leave, but happy to be one step closer to moving back to Oklahoma. I do have to say that I'm excited about our families coming up for graduation. It will be so great to have everyone here. I love the fact that Chloe will be surrounded by so much family. Actually, I probably won't even get the chance to hold her for a while. But that's okay.

I leave you with a picture that still makes me cry. It's a picture of Amelia (my first baby) and I at our apartment in Oklahoma. This is the day that we moved to Chicago. Now that I'm looking at this picture, I'm thinking that I wore that outfit this weekend--minus the sandals, the abs of steel, the tan, and the black eye.




Gotta go. A cereal bar and coffee are calling my name. Have a great day!

5 comments:

Lyryn said...

Good luck with everything! I'll be praying for safe journey's for you and a peaceful move.

Blessings!

Allison said...

You are going to be at Blake and Rachel's wedding? I will see you there :)

Mandy said...

Oh Amelia! I loved that ole broad! Glad you're getting closer to the day you move back home! Oh and the day of Blake's wedding I'm shooting a wedding so don't judge if I have pillows for feet when you see me!

Lynn Valdez said...

you mean peanut butter kitty.

Morgandi said...

Oh Lynn, you crack me up!