Monday, June 1, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

As we head towards graduation and moving, things are happening very quickly. Needless to say, we've been very busy. But mostly busy with fun things.

Friday was my last day of work. It was hard to say goodbye to all of my friends, but it was also exciting to know that I'm starting a new adventure. I, of course, had to take pictures of my office before I took everything down. 

Here's a picture of Chloe and me in front of the view I have from my office. Chloe, of course, has her frog in her mouth. If you see my daughter these days, you will see this poor, stuffed animal's arm hanging out of her mouth. She cannot get enough of it.

A picture of the family. Jason and Chloe came up to take me home from work.

Two pictures of the empty office.


Saturday night was date night/graduation celebration. For Jason's graduation gift, I took him to Japonais. It was AMAZING. The food was perfect and the atmosphere was awesome. 

First of all, it was great to have a date. I love my husband and I love it when it's just us. Second of all, it was great to celebrate everything that Jason/we've accomplished over the past four years. He has worked so hard for our family, and the dinner was quite a reward. 


This was our favorite part of our dinner. For an appetizer, we got this. It's a thinly sliced skirt steak that you cook over a hot rock. It was really good and fun.

A picture of us after dinner.

Sunday was my mom's birthday and the Lincoln Park Zoo. I was so happy to take my girl on her first visit to the zoo. She loved looking around at everything that was going on. Or maybe she was just fascinated with the inside of her hat. I'm not really sure.

Chloe and I in front of the tiger. She was obviously intrigued.

Chloe had a meltdown about 2/3s of the way through, and she slept in my arms for the rest of the zoo trip. It was really sweet. The sleeping, not the meltdown.


All in all, it was a wonderful and exhausting weekend. I love my family being here, and we are excited for Jason's family to get here too. Here's to hoping our last weekend in Chicago is as fun as this one.

4 comments:

Jayspee27 said...

Morg I love that! What a wonderful weekend! You look fantastic btw! Beautiful as always.

Shannon Stein said...

I'm sorry I missed your last day. I am especially sorry I missed seeing Chloe. She is getting so big I can't believe it!

OK Chick said...

Great weekend! You couldn't ask for anything better. So I was reading your past post, I'm a bit behind. I see you got a new dress. I saw that same dress in NYC and made the comment that I love it!

Newberry said...

I'm so excited for you and Jason getting to move on to the next phase. I know you probably both feel a great sense of accomplishment. You look really pretty in all of your pictures.