Monday, August 31, 2009

16 Weeks. Here We Go Again with the Belly Shots.

My original idea for this post was just to post a picture of Chloe's belly. No pictures of me. I decided that I wasn't posting any pictures of mine until I really look pregnant. My fear is that I look like I just have some residual leftover gut from the previous pregnancy.

Isn't her little belly so sweet?

Well, I started feeling badly. The whole second child syndrome is already beginning. With Chloe, I was acutely aware that I was pregnant all the time, and everything was well documented. With this pregnancy, I'm constantly forgetting that I'm even pregnant. So to make up for lost time, and to abate future second child hurt feelings, I'm posting my first pregnancy picture. Residual gut or not.

Isn't her 16 week gut so sweet?


To distract your eyes from the above picture, I'm cooly changing the subject: Little Chloe starts swimming lessons today. Swimming lessons! Last night I realized that Chloe has one 3-6 month swimsuit that was a little tight on her a month ago. I panicked. We ran to Babies R Us to look for a swimsuit, but of course they didn't have any. Instead, we left with a Graco double stroller and an infant car seat, but that's a whole other can of worms. I rue the day we bought that Chicco travel system. Anyway, we may be that mom/daughter duo at swim lessons today. You know, the ones who are a little on the white trash side? Chloe will either be busting out of her swimsuit or naked with only a water diaper to her name. Mom, on the other hand, will just be busting out of her swimsuit.  The panic is setting in already.

5 comments:

Lea Liz said...

You are too cute! I love the baby bump.. you're awesome!! Good luck with swimming lessons!!

Jessica said...

Wow you look great for 16 wks! My baby bump has definitely shown MUCH quicker this 2nd time around. I have been the same way about almost forgetting that I am pregnant at times--besides the whole feeling sick constantly anyway. It just doesn't seem real that I am having another baby!I've got to get to taking belly pics myself. In fact, I will get my husband to take one tonight. Thanks for reminding me! Ha!

Holly Lashley said...

Girl, you're still skinny as a post! Miss ya guys....Addy sent Chloe a package this morning.

Tamra said...

You are nothing short of adorable; stop fishing for compliments!!! How did swim lessons go? We probably still have suits down here if you want me to get one to mail your way, or you might check online.

OK Chick said...

I'm sure you both will look great! You are both super cute!