Monday, August 10, 2009

Baby Making: 2009-2010 Edition

I was pregnant and had a baby in 2008-2009, and folks, we're doing it again this year. That's right, we're having another baby. I will pause while you laugh (don't feel bad, it's the most common reaction).................................................................................. I am 13 weeks along and due February 15th. This means that Chloe and Baby Lash II will be almost exactly 11 months apart. Our initial reaction was total shock and denial, but we are very excited and elated to welcome another baby into our family. We know that we are going to have our hands full, but we are ready for this wonderful challenge. 

I have to tell the story of how we found out. It was during one of the busiest times of our lives. Jason had just graduated. We packed up our entire house. Said goodbye to Chicago and our friends. We packed up the car, and headed to Oklahoma for our dear friend's wedding. Only to turn around that same weekend and move to Cleveland. During this very stressful and busy time, I was having some ill feelings towards Jason. He was honestly making me mad and I was beginning to not like him very much. If you know Jason at all, you know this was undeserved. He is probably the nicest and most caring person I know. Of course I attributed the madness to the major stresses in our lives, and I knew it would pass. But it wasn't going away. It culminated on our trip home. We had a good trip, but I could not shake my feelings towards him. Soon enough, my bad feelings turned into arguments. 
The day we arrived in Oklahoma for the wedding weekend, Jason said, "I think you're pregnant." He has quite the radar for these things. He called the last one, too. I responded, "I'm a little late, but there's no way I'm pregnant." How could I be pregnant with a not-quite-3-month-old at home? We bought a test, which I took later that night. Of course it came back positive. My first reaction was...well, I'll just keep that one to myself. My second reaction was pure happiness. Not because I was pregnant, but because I knew that I didn't hate my husband. You see, my initial reaction to my last pregnancy, and subsequently this pregnancy, was and is hatred towards my husband. At that moment, I hugged Jason and proclaimed several times, "I don't really hate you! I don't hate you! I'm just pregnant!" To which he responded, "I was getting a little worried. I'm so glad you don't really hate me." There was no more hatred after that, only happiness. It's always nice to find out that you don't utterly despise the love of your life.

Here's a picture that was snapped only moments after we took the test. I just think this picture is priceless. You know I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and shocked when one pant leg is pulled up. 
And one more thing before I wrap things up. The answer is "yes" to your question. I know how babies are made. Please don't ask me to my face. It will turn the color of a tomato. Thank you in advance.

19 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! I am also pregnant again! ha Due March 15. We were also shocked...and still are but very excited! Can't wait to follow your journey through this pregnancy! Congrats again!

Allison said...

Wow! Congratulations!!

April said...

Congratulations! I guess Chloe is SO sweet that you had to immediately turn around and have another one! What an adventure!

Dara said...

Chloe will be the cutest big sister ever. I have to admit I enjoyed watching you break the news over and over again this weekend. I miss Morgandi blushes!

Tara Hicks said...

Congrats! That is exciting. We faced many of the same kind of comments when we unexpectedly got pregnant 3 weeks into our marriage. How boring life would be without a little bit of excitement!

Zukas Family said...

YAY! We found out we were pregnant with our second when our little boy was 8 months. I loved reading your story, because I know how great an outcome it can produce:) It made me reminisce. ENJOY and good luck! And congratulations on not hating your hubby! LOL!

myra said...

Wow! Congrats! That is awesome!

The Warriors said...

Lydia was barely 5 months when we found out Levi was on his way. Everyone will tell you how great it will be, and it will, but it will be hard too! If you ever need anyone to vent to, cry with or just plain ole advice about the pragmatics, don't hesitate to call! Jayna has my number. Oh, and now that they are 1 and 2 it is absolutely WONDERFUL having them so close in age!!

Jaime said...

Congrats. Ben and his brother are 10 & a half months apart. I guess his parents waited that 6 weeks and then boom...not really a good thing to think about when it is your parents (or in laws)! I am sure Chloe and the baby will grow up being so close as siblings and not just in age! :-) It will be an exciting adventure!!!

Newberry said...

Congrats, Morgandi! We're so excited for you guys. Don't worry I won't ask or even think the dreaded question you were talking about--been there, done that :)

Michael and Katie said...

Wow! Congrats! We're so happy for you guys.

Gena said...

I love this story. You are going to have a couple of bff kids. I'll go ahead and order the necklaces now.....

sara said...

I think it's awesome that Chloe will have a best friend so close in age! I am also extra excited that you will have a "buckeye baby"! Yeah.....

Lea Liz said...

Congratulations!!! I think it's wonderful!! I wouldn't mind if I got pregnant again, I just need to finish school or I would :) How exciting!

Melody said...

I'm with Gena....I love the story. Mandy told me yesterday & said I needed to read it on your blog for myself! We're expecting our 2nd in December so I'm feeling the excitement right along with you....only mine will be 2 years apart. Congrats...you guys will be great!

Tamra said...

This story makes me smile and laugh every time I hear or read it. And like Dara, I thoroughly enjoyed the telling and subsequent reactions over the weekend. Maybe this one will be a boy. Ethan needs some competition on which of the girls the marry! ;)

babyblueeyed girl said...

wow congrats morgandi
love you praying

Erick said...

it's Jason that gets confused about how the babies are made. I once saw him try to make one from jello and some flesh colored dye.

I'm really happy for you guys and I can't wait till you get back!

Erin L. said...

Wow, I just read this, congrats! Mine are 17 months apart and it is pure joy. I would never change a thing. It was hard the first two years, but easier every year after. Congrats!