Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Confessional Tuesday

Confession No. 4: Reality Bites

I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but here it goes:

I love reality TV. 

You name it, I probably watch it. Shows with a contest I think are my favorite. Fashion, food, modeling, finding "the love of your life", losing weight, surviving, finding your way around the world...I've probably seen them all. Your show is a show of attrition? I'll watch it.

I also love all of the other shows too. You know, "unscripted" shows about other peoples' lives. Celebrities or real people doing extraordinary things. Love those too.

So what am I most embarrassed of watching? The Real Housewives of Any City. I can't get enough. The excessiveness, the wig pulling, the fighting, the indulgence. Why am I watching this senseless trash? I can't help it. I have to watch the car crash. 

Out of all of the shameful things I've put on my blog, I am sad to say that I don't want my mom to read this post. She hates reality TV. She's a good woman. So mom, I'm apologizing now. Please don't disown me. I'll try and change my ways. Not today, but maybe someday in the future.

But I have to go, time to watch the Rachel Z0e Pr0ject. It won't ever end, will it?

3 comments:

OK Chick said...

Oh, you are a girl after my own heart. I love Rachel Zoe Project. I LOVE IT! I'm also into Flipping out and The Real Housewives of Any City. My favorite are NYC. You gotta love the ladies of NYC!

Gena said...

Morg, I'm with you. If I have time to watch something in the evening after the kids are in bed, it's definitely a DVR'd reality show. Favorites: Flipping out, Real Housewives, Project Runway. I'm better than I used to be just because I have less time. Still love them.

Dara said...

Um I watch all of the Real Housewives and Rachel Zoe and Flipping Out is my favorite reality show ever. You'll get no judgment from me.