Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Best Song of All Time

"Wake Up" is by far, one of the greatest songs of all time. In my opinion. Or should I say IMO. I can't stand all of those little abbreviations for everything. I once saw this abbreviation posted somewhere and I had to look it up at urbandictionary.com to understand it. If you have to look it up in an Urban Dictionary of any sort, it should not be used. Why can't you just type the words out? Are you that busy? But old school terms like BFF and LYLAS are totally appropriate and can be used at any time.

Back to the original post. Arcade Fire. Be still my heart. After I purchased the album, Funeral, a few years ago, I listened to it for six months straight. We're talking all the time. Didn't listen to anything else. This album rocked and continues to rock my world. Ask my husband, and he will tell you that I believe this song is the best song of all time. It makes me lift my hands up in the air, sway (my version of dancing), and sing at the top of my lungs. And you know for a wasp-y girl like me, that's saying something. When I heard it on the preview for "Where the Wild Things Are", I was so happy. This song has been kicking around since 2004 and I love that it has comes back, more popular than ever a mere five years later. 

If you do not own Funeral, you must purchase it now. Just do it. You won't regret it. There's a song called "Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)" that will also knock your socks off. Takes me straight back to Chicago. It was the worst winter we had there. Reminds me of running in the snow. I was all bundled up and freezing. It was glorious.

Go find them on iTunes. Arcade Fire: Funeral. 

As for me, I'm going to listen to it now. Full blast. Swaying and lifting my hands to the music. I just hope no one's watching.

TTYS--- that means "Talk To You Soon" just in case you didn't know. 

1 comment:

Jesse and Toni Connelly said...

I'm so glad you posted this. I've had the song from Where the Wild Things Are perpetually stuck in my head. I've been wondering who did it.