Monday, November 2, 2009

25 Weeks: I Think It's Time

Not time to have the baby--This little goober can cook as long as she wants. No rushing this baby. The longer she's in, the more sleep we get. I'm no fool. If she's anything like her sister, she'll stay in until she's forced out. As a matter of fact, I think Chloe would still be incubating if she were able.--But it is time to break out the maternity clothes. I slipped into my regular jeans a couple of days ago, looked in the mirror and thought to myself, "mmm...this might be stretching it."

Literally. Stretching. The fold of my jeans stopped covering the zipper. The side seams were all off kilter. And my rear end looked like it was about to eat the rear end of my jeans. So I put vanity aside and pulled out the boxes I so bravely ignored all these months.

After giving birth to my first girl, I packed up my maternity clothes just as quick as my body would let me. I bid them good riddance and promised them that I would see them again in a few years. I almost gave them away to Goodwill. I almost shipped them home to Oklahoma. I almost didn't get pregnant again. But I did. And I moved them with me to Cleveland thinking they would be stowed away in a random closet. And here they are. Being put to use once again.


It kind of felt like Christmas going through the clothes. Maybe like a Christmas with your unexpected half-siblings, but Christmas nonetheless. It was interesting to rediscover items that I'd already forgotten about. Like this cute little dress.


And then I found...

Wait. What is that.

I blocked this memory from my mind. Had months of therapy to rid myself of nightmares.

It's my nursing bra. Oh, I'm in pain reminiscing. The nights of writhing and screaming in pain. The fear of God has been struck deep in my soul. Everything hurt. Everything. Especially my...

Never mind.

And then I find these little babies. And my heart sings. So comfortable and you don't have to zip your pants. It's like wearing sweat pants. They're brilliant. I have to admit that they made a brief appearance when I was newly pregnant and heaving everywhere. The thought of having something tight on my body made me sick. But once I felt better, I prayed and somehow fit back into my regular jeans. I must say that I'm excited for my Old Navy maternity jeans to have their swan song. 

And here I am at 25 weeks.
 I'm huge. My stomach has exploded. I'm definitely bigger this time at 25 weeks than I was last time. The picture's on my blog somewhere. Cute, little 25 week, Chloe bump. And no, I'm not linking you there. I'll make you dig if you want to compare the two. I've justified this combustion in my mind with a couple of excuses. A.) It's my second pregnancy. Don't you explode quicker the second time around? B.) I'm pregnant with sextuplets. There must be like six of 'em in there, right? C.) When you get pregnant just 8 weeks after giving birth, your abs do not have the chance to get back into the same shape they once were in. They'll come back right? Flat abs? Please? Someone lie to me? Needless to say, after a baby things tend to give a little quicker.

Why do I feel the need to justify? I'm pregnant, for heaven's sake. That should be reason enough.

11 comments:

Lea Liz said...

I think you look great!!!!!!!! Reall. Seriously. Brody is 10 months old, I'm not pregnant, and man my stomach still isn't back. But I think you look awesome!! Enjoy those maternity jeans!

Michelle said...

Oh.....if I could ever make it to 25 weeks in regular clothes when I was pregnant I'd be jumping for joy, but that probably isn't ever going to work out for me.....I lived in Jeremy's t-shirts when I was pregnant with Cooper....

myra said...

So yea, I'm not going to tell you when I started wearing my maternity clothes again this time around. But let's just say they've been back for a while now. I have been wearing my normal shirts but that might have something to do with buying things that fit a bit looser since that pre-baby belly decided it was finished with me after I had Morgandy.

You look great. So great, I think you are probably the only person who could wear those maternity leotards from American Apparel Dara posted about on her blog a few weeks back. :)

Mandy said...

My comment is no comment. Except for that you look fabulous all the time Love ya!

Tamra said...

You're gorgeous as always, Morg! And I'll just pretend I'm still in my regular clothes to make myself feel better. But seriously, it looks like I've got 15-month-old twins battling it out for space in my uterus. Oy.

Morgandi said...

Thank you all for your nice comments! They are much appreciated. To all of my preggo friends above, I've seen pictures of you all, and you are some of the cutest pregnant ladies I've ever seen. Thanks for commiserating with me!

OK Chick said...

Oh you look great! By the way, I like your camera. I want one just like it for Christmas. However, I do not think Santa will be bring it to me this year-something about Santa being on a budget.

Ryan and Katie said...

Thanks! I've enjoyed reading your blog for awhile too! It's so fun to find out more readers :) I loved my maternity jeans and miss them since I bought post-pregnancy jeans the other day in a size I will never admit to anyone :) Oh well I hear tire around my waist will disappear someday....

AK said...

You are too cute pregnant!

Jaime said...

Alright, I have to chime in too. First off I think it was amazing that at 8 week post-baby you had already packed up your maternity clothes! Next I will say you look tiny for 25 weeks, but you are a naturally tiny gal. And lastly, when you have your third you pop even quicker. I didn't think I was going to be brave enough to post any shots of my belly this time around, but I am starting to think I need to document it. So, if you read my blog be prepared to feel really good about yourself. Ha!! :-)

Morgandi said...

Oh Jaime. You are so sweet. You should definitely post some belly pics. I know that you look beautiful!! You should document it. It will be fun to look back on someday. Right? That's what I'm telling myself at least.