Sunday, November 8, 2009

A little deeper.

Just when you think it can't any get deeper, it does. 
I've always heard people say how the love grows, and I never believed it. Or understood it. It made me uncomfortable. How can you love something more than you already do?

Then I had a baby.

I loved her from the beginning. But I love her even more now. 

And I'm learning. I'm learning how to be a mom. I'm learning how to fit  this new role into my once selfish life. I'm learning how to be me while taking on the responsibilities of being a parent. I'm learning how to adjust to the changes it has brought and will forever bring into my life. I'm learning how to live with my mistakes. I'm learning how to listen to my instincts. 

I've never had the desire to be a mom. It's never been something that I longed for or ever felt the urge to become. 
Over the past few months I've heard phrases pop out of my mouth I never would've expected. Things like:

If I would've known how much I love being a mom, I would've started earlier.

I think that God knew how much I would love being a mom, and that's why I became pregnant so quickly after having Chloe. He knew what I wanted before I wanted it.

I am so fulfilled taking care of my daughter. I don't feel restless like I once did. I finally feel like I'm where I'm supposed to be.

Not that it's perfect all the time. Sometimes I need a break. Sometimes I don't enjoy it. And sometimes I have no idea what I'm doing. But I love it.

I love being a mom. Isn't it the best?

4 comments:

Tara Hicks said...

So sweet! And the picture is beautiful!

Newberry said...

You said that very well, and I'm so glad you love being a mom. I think it is pretty great myself, and I love what I do everyday. The picture of you and Chloe is beautiful!

Lea Liz said...

Being a mom is the most amazing thing ever, you're exactly right!!!

Lynn Shallue said...

Morgandi, I've been reading through your gorgeous blog for the last few weeks and have to say this post is like a balm on my heart. I'm another of those ladies who has never really considered kids to be a priority (somewhere closer to why bother than can't wait). I've heard that parenthood is amazing, but seeing your obvious love along with this post just makes me feel a little better. My husband and I are no longer actively saying no to the idea of kids... although we're not really trying yet. Thanks for giving me some much needed encouragement that we're making a good decision. :)