Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful


A blog post titled Thankful around Thanksgiving. Who would've thunk it? I'm just that original.

Well...cliche or not, I am so very thankful for all that God has blessed me with. I am incredibly thankful for our family and friends who have been so supportive while we have been away from home. We are so excited to move back home in a few months!

Of course, I am thankful for this little goober. I really don't have to say much else. She's all I blog about (which reminds me that I need to get a life), so you know how I feel about her. She has enriched our lives in unimaginable ways, and we love and cherish her so much.

I am so thankful for this little goober as well. An unexpected surprise, but a huge blessing all the same. I cannot wait to meet her! We already love her so much and we can't wait to see her precious face. We pray that God continues to bless this pregnancy and this sweet girl.

And he will kill me for posting another picture of him, but I just can't help myself. Plus, embarrassing him is what I consider, part of my wifely duties. 

I don't say this often enough, but I am so thankful for my husband.

I talk all the time about being a mom, and the trials, tribulations, and joys that accompany motherhood. But rarely do I give credit to this guy. He is amazing. He has worked and continues to work so hard for our family. He puts in incredibly long days, comes home, and is 100% committed to Chloe and me. Even on those days when I basically toss Chloe at him and run for the hills the second he walks in the door, he doesn't complain.

He is an amazing dad. Chloe beams when she is with him. She always looks at me with such pride when he is holding her. I know that he will continue to be a wonderful example for her as she grows up. I am so thankful that my child and future children have such a wonderful dad. That is the one thing I want for them. For them to know that there dad loves them.

Just look at her face. Can't you just see how much she loves him?

And last but not least, I'm thankful for my maternity jeans and husband's shirts for supporting my ever expanding belly and rear-end throughout the last haul of my pregnancy. I don't know how I'd make it without you and your stretchy, stretchy, wonderfully forgiving fabrics.
I hope that all of you have an abundant and blessed Thanksgiving Day!

May you have many, many things to be thankful and grateful for in your lives.