Tuesday, December 22, 2009

32 Weeks: I Got the Joy

I wasn't originally planning on posting a picture of my belly, but I thought I'd go ahead since I've only posted a couple of them. Plus I want you to be prepared for what you're going to see when we come home. Baby Lash is doing really well. I had an ultrasound last week and everything looks great. I couldn't wait to get another look at her precious face, but the little turkey had her legs over her face the entire time. She wouldn't budge, no matter how hard the ultrasound tech hit my stomach with the wand. Oh well, I was able to see her face really well at 25 weeks and she's looks a lot like the stinker that's crawling on my lap right now. I can't wait to meet this little girl!!

I can't believe that Christmas is this week, and I cannot believe that we are coming home!!! We are so excited to see our family and friends. We've been looking forward to this for so long and can't wait for the 16 hour car ride tomorrow. Well, maybe we're not looking forward to the car ride, but we're excited for the end result. 

I've been planning what we're packing for months, and I have an excel spreadsheet that has six sheets full of detailed planning. Yes, I love spreadsheets and yes, I'm a huge dork. Yesterday and today was meant to be full of laundry, cleaning, packing and last minute errands. Sunday morning, my plans were thwarted when Chloe got her first fever. Poor, little baby. She was so miserable! After calling the doctor, Tylenol, a bath, comfy PJs, a cool wash cloth on the forehead, and falling asleep in my arms on the couch, I broke down. I called my mom bawling. After telling me I was doing the right things, giving me some advice, and convincing me that Chloe would make it through, I felt a lot better. I know that you want your mom when you're sick, but nobody tells you that you want your mom when your baby is sick!

Needless to say, I haven't been able to get a whole lot accomplished. The past couple of days have been spent with a monkey baby attached to me, with nothing else on the agenda. I have to admit that I've loved the cuddling. I love the fact that I'm needed. I love the fact that today is going to be the busiest day ever. I love that she's feeling better and is back to her little independent self. I love that we'll be headed home tomorrow. What else can I say? I got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart. Where?

See you in Oklahoma!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

You look gorgeous as usual! Can't wait to see you guys, have a safe trip!

Sarah said...

Your belly is so cute!! You are getting so close. Have safe travels and Merry Christmas

Joe said...

Strangely, I too have fond memories of Micaiah's first fever. He slept in my arms all day. He slept so soundly. I remember feeling awful that he couldn't breathe but loving how much he wanted to be held.
talsie

The Warriors said...

I was just reading your post about feeling slightly guilty when you are with Chloe thinking about the new little one on the way. I bawled my eyes out EVERY night when I rocked Lydia to bed after we found out I was pregnant again. Let me just tell you...that child LOVES her brother, and I know Chloe will love her little sister too. It is one of the best presents you can ever give her...