Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I Finally Got It

The point of buying a nice camera was to take great pictures of our family. Important pictures. Like Halloween pictures, and birthday pictures, and Christmas pictures. 

Oh, Christmas pictures. They have become the bane of my existence. I wake up at 3:30 every morning panicking about Christmas pictures. It has taken three photo shoot attempts, three different weekends, three different outfits, three different locations and multiple threats of taking her to a photography studio. I'm mainly to blame. I've had quite the learning curve with the camera. Amateur doesn't even begin to describe it. But I can also blame my little stinker. She loves the camera at home. I pull that thing out and she starts posing. No joke. But when it's important-like an actual photo shoot, she wants nothing to do with it.

She spends the time licking her jacket:

Biting her bottom lip:

And her favorite pose of all time. Bawling, uncontrollably:

But this weekend, I finally got it. Beautiful pictures. She was actually (somewhat) looking at the camera, and she was smiling. Relief. Maybe I can finally stop waking up with panic attacks.

I can't show you the pictures yet. We're saving them for Christmas. But I can tell you that they all include a tutu that looks like it puked up my daughter. And it couldn't be any cuter. 

No comments: