Monday, December 14, 2009

A Letter to My Thighs

Dear Thighs;

Yes, I'm talking to you down there. I don't know if we've ever formally met, but I think you know who I am. I'm writing you this letter because I feel there are a few things we need to discuss. 

First of all, let me tell you how much I appreciate you. You've allowed me to do things in my life that I love. Mainly, running. I haven't always liked you because I'm a silly girl, but now I've come to appreciate your athleticism, your shapeliness, and your strength. I accept you for how you are. 

Let me get down to it. We need to talk about this whole pregnancy thing. You really enjoyed the first one, and now you are REALLY enjoying this one. I need to make something clear. Just because I'm pregnant, does not mean that you can become pregnant too. I'm not meaning to hurt your feelings, but you've expanded. Like really expanded. I think that someone's been feeding you doughnuts and ice cream on the sly. 

I feel like I need to give you a little pep talk. So here it goes. We're going to continue running. I know you hate it. I can tell you hate it by the soreness, the chafing, and the way my running shorts ride up ever so uncomfortably on our runs. Your subtle, yet painful protests have been heard. But your requests to stop will not be met. 

Here's the way I look at it. We have 9 more weeks until this baby should be here. Let's keep it up. Let's not allow this pregnancy cause us to explode more than we already have (except for in the belly region, of course). We can do it! 

Thanks for all of your hard work,


Morgandi


P.S. Not to scare you, but remember when we ran that little half-marathon in 2007? 
(Arriving home after the Chicago Half-Marathon in 2007. I wore that disgustingly sweaty outfit, along with the medal all day. I was too proud to take it off. That's just plain gross.)

Well, we're gonna run another one at the end of May. Yes, this May. As in May 2010. And training is scheduled to start one week after my due date. Sorry. It might be in your best interest to stay mildly in shape during this pregnancy so that the training doesn't kill us both. Enjoy your pregnant days while you can, but tell whoever is feeding you doughnuts and ice cream to stop it. I really can't afford to buy a new pair of larger maternity jeans. Thanks!

1 comment:

OK Chick said...

I need to compose a letter to my butt and stomach. They are getting bigger for some reason. I know it cannot be from all the crap I've been eating lately. :)