Friday, December 18, 2009

Photography Friday

Here's my entry for Mandy's Photography Friday contest. The assignment is to enter your favorite black and white. 

I love this photo for a couple of reasons. This quilt was given to Chloe by my mom before she was born. Embroidered on each of the four sides, is my grandmother's name, Coeta Starr, my mother's name, Deborah Starr, my name, Morgandi Starr, and of course, Chloe Starr. Very meaningful, to say the least. The second reason I love this photo so much is how her little feet make it seem as though she's escaping. 

Any critiques on editing this black and white are welcome. I'm very new to this and would love to learn more!

2 comments:

Newberry said...

What a special quilt! That was such a sweet idea. It seems to me that you are doing great with your new camera. The pictures you have been taking of Chloe are beautiful! I guess it helps when you have a beautiful subject, though :)

Mandy said...

How did I not know about this quilt?? You know I'm a huge fan of quilts! Thanks for entering the contest, you're a shoe in to win, not just because you're the only person that's entered, but because I love the picture too!