Monday, January 18, 2010

36 Weeks: Back from Hawaii


I'm tanned, bronzed, refreshed and relaxed from my Hawaiian vacation last week. Hours spent on the beach, soaking up the sun, drinking refreshing fruit drinks...

So maybe I wasn't really in Hawaii, but that's what I'm pretending I did last week.

Pregnancy wise, last week was the opposite of any sort of vacation I could conjure up in my mind. It was a little rough. I'm not sure if I was sick or just congested because of pregnancy, but I could not breathe. Sleeping was impossible and I walked around like a zombie. My head felt cloudy, I couldn't keep everything straight, and I'm sure that it wasn't the most productive I've ever been in my life.

But for the past couple of days I've felt a lot better. I put a humidifier in my room and have been putting saline in my nose like it's going out of style. I've actually been able to sleep really well, and I think I'll be fine from here on out.

I'm really enjoying these last few weeks with Chloe before her little world gets turned upside down with a screaming sister. She'll probably be in the market for a new mom after the baby gets here. In fact, I found a file folder in her room labeled "America's Next Top Mom." I'll ask her where she wants the applications sent.

I'm so ready to meet this new girl. I'm sure she can't wait to get here and join us in all of the (confusion, chaos, craziness, hilarity) fun!

Let the countdown begin.

5 comments:

Lea Liz said...

You look great girl! I can't believe it is almost time!! She will be precious!!

I had Brody at 36 weeks!!

Hope your feeling better!

AK said...

Oh you are cute! And I know that at the wedding my first responsibility will be to the bride but I think my second responsibilities will be to your children. :)

myra said...

Glad that you're feeling better! You look great!

BTW - I gave you a Blogger Award for having such a great and inspirational blog. Check out my blog for your award.

Beck said...

You look so cute!! I read your blog often, but have never commented before. I just wanted to let you know that when I was pregnant with my 2nd child I could not sleep because it was so hard to breathe! I was so conjested at night, and nothing worked. I also used a hummidifier and then I actually started using the Breathe Right strips! LOVE them! I had to have one on every night to even fall asleep. They worked so great for me, I just thought you may want to try them! Love your blog!

Allison said...

You look so beautiful, Morgandi!