Friday, January 29, 2010

Sweaty Feet

I leave you this Friday with a post about feet. I'm not really into feet. I mean, I like having them and all, and I love what goes on your feet, but I don't have any sort of real affinity for them. I can't tell you the last time I got a pedicure. Oh wait, I can. August 2009. Eww. I have the picture to prove it. Here's my foot, alongside of my lovely friends' feet. They're the only reason I ever get a pedicure.

As I said, I don't really care for feet. But I love these feet.
They are so round. And so cute. And so fat. And they are sweaty. Sweaty, sweaty, sweaty. Just like her daddy's feet.

My favorite thing to do in the morning is to kiss those sweaty feet. I pull them out of her footed pajamas and kiss away. And she laughs and laughs and laughs. Gross, I know. Too much information, I know. But I don't care.

You see, I'm documenting this because there will be a day when I won't do this anymore. And on that day, just like her daddy, when she takes off her shoes I will have her run to the bathroom and wash them because they stink to high heaven. And just like her daddy, I will forbid her from ever touching me with those feet. And just like her daddy, I'm sure she'll do it anyway. Just to make me mad.

So here's to feet on this Friday. And to motherhood. And to enjoying every seemingly mundane moment. And to kissing babies who grow up just way too fast.

Have a happy Friday and a blessed weekend! --Morg.

3 comments:

Gena said...

I love sweaty baby feet. The thing is, they probably won't be like that forever. Her Dad is just special. :) Tell him thanks for calling Erick in the midst of the ice storm yesterday. He cracks me up. If he can't be here to enjoy (cower in the corner) the bad weather, he is definitely going to be on the phone getting all the gruesome details. Love you guys!

Tamra said...

Love this post and am right there with you on the feet issue. I'm sure I'll love Lulu's till a point -- and then she'll be relegated to socks and staying away from Mommy.

P.S. - I'm getting a pedicure today. You'd be horrified if you saw my feet.

OK Chick said...

Good post. Someday she'll love going back and reading all your post. :)