Sunday, February 21, 2010

A New Kind of Ordinary Day

First Day Alone with the Girls
Saturday, February 20, 2010

In pictures and captions.

And I promise that I will be showered and my hair will be washed by the end of this post.

Said goodbye to my mom. I'm still crying.

Curling hair while eating breakfast.

Fueling up for the day.

Cleaning up spilled coffee grounds. I'm clumsier than ever.

Returning from my first outing alone with the girls. We survived.

Swinging.

Playing.

Downloading Leap Frog software onto my computer to personalize Chloe's new toy.
Never thought I would see the day.

Playing with the personalized pup.

Napping.

"Napping"
Or pulling diapers into her bed to play with.

Coming to terms with my new life.
Stella's diaper bag is now my purse.
I can't carry two babies and three bags. Had to consolidate to two.

Feeding.
(My view of Jason from the couch)

Rocking.
(Jason's view of me from the couch)
Hair washed.
Showered.

Packed bags for church the next day.

Realized the only thing I consumed all day was coffee, water, and a few tortilla chips.
Explains why I'm ravenous today.

Celebrated Jason's birthday. (Happy Birthday today!)
I spent a lot of time (or three minutes) wrapping his present.
That's what you get when you have a newborn and an exhausted wife.
Aldi grocery bag, gift wrapping.

There was more to be documented.
But I was too tired.

But I'm never too tired to blog about it.

5 comments:

Summer said...

I think you left out "put on jeans like i never had two babies in less then a year." that deserves its own post., though.

Lea Liz said...

I can only imagine girl.. but I just know your doing a great job and that it is all so worth it!! Yours girls are beautiful.. like there momma! You don't even look like you have had a baby!!

Gena said...

You are one beautiful mama Morg. Saying a prayer for you this week. You can do it!

Allison said...

Wow, you don't even look like you had two babies in the last year! I am going to being praying now that happens to me. By the way, I find you incredibly impressive. Two children under 1 in Target? You rule.

Mandy said...

Too pretty. To be. My Friend.