Friday, March 5, 2010

Making it Work

I think I'm getting the hang of this two kid thing.
We're finally on a...dare I say...schedule. Or I guess I should say that I've worked Stella into Chloe's schedule.

But it's not pretty. It can get a little (or really) scary at times. And just when I think that I've really got it figured out someone inevitably has a meltdown, it takes us an hour to get out the door, we all have to change our clothes from either a blowout or spit-up, someone is poking someone else in the eye (Chloe), someone is hitting the other one in the head (Chloe), and I find myself saying, "Who's crying? Who has the hiccups? Who pooped? No seriously, which one of you pooped??"

For some reason, the little turkeys never answer me. They just look at me like I'm crazy.

But my day is filled with more laughter than should be allowed.
It is also filled with lots and lots of happiness.

Happiness, because I have both of my babies under my wing. I get to nurture them and love them. I get to raise them. And they can't talk back to me yet, or ask to borrow the car, or go on dates.

And I'm constantly being reminded that I will look back on this time as one of the best times of my life.

Better enjoy it while it's here, right? Poop, puke, meltdowns, excess baby weight and all.

Okay, so maybe not the baby weight.

But to everything else? I say an emphatic "yes!"

2 comments:

Aubrie said...

Chloe looks like an almost 1 year old! So big!

Jennifer said...

Your girls are both so beautiful! I love reading your posts, you're always so funny.