Saturday, March 13, 2010

Up to His Old Shenanigans

Jason did this for me again last night. This time, I didn't leave notes for him to find throughout the night. I figured it would be thank you enough for me not to wake up barking like a dog and griping him out for no reason at all. I used to be such a morning person, and now I wake up in the foulest of moods. I'm just so tired. And I've been sick for the past few days. And I'm tired. So, so tired.

We celebrated our anniversary last night. It was sooooo romantic. It included zero gifts. Zero cards. A movie that we were too tired to even watch. And a night that was spent apart. Me in the room. Him on the couch. And it included two daughters who still needed our care in spite of the special occasion. They're so selfish.

But I'm beginning to think. It was romantic. He was nice enough to let me have our room all to myself. A bed all to myself. And a full night's sleep I needed so badly. I think in many ways, that's our romantic reality for now.

One day, our anniversaries will be full of trips, gifts, no babies and romance. But until that day, I'll be happy for what we have. Two tired parents. Two precious girls. And a husband who always puts me before himself.

That's love.

And it's oh, so romantic.

3 comments:

Erick said...

nicely written morg...I love that guy too. (in a totally different way)

Jaime said...

That is very sweet and it is true when little ones are in the mix...it is a whole new romantic. I am glad you got some rest. That is what I am most scared about having this baby in a couple weeks...my mood after loss of sleep.

OK Chick said...

I hope you get some sleep. I can't even imagine how tired you guys are.