Monday, April 12, 2010

Toddler Training

I love Chloe. Love, love, love her. She has a zest for life that is infectious. She is funny, engaging, spirited, full of energy, independent, sweet as pie and is now a full-fledged toddler.

Nothing can prepare you for a toddler.

The instance she turned one, the toddler in her came out.

She goes from this:
Having fun. Playing hard.



To this:
Starting to meltdown.

Melting.

Melted.
I haven't seen someone go from laughter to tears so quickly since...well, I don't know when. It's kind of shocking when the meltdown ensues, because for the most part, I have no idea what caused it to happen.

Instead of giving up and caving in, I'm tackling this new phase with a little training on my part. I've been reading parenting books and trying out some new techniques with her. So far so good.

And if it doesn't work, I'm sending her to YaYa's house for Toddler Bootcamp. Which is probably where she'd rather be anyway. Mom, you should expect a little toddling toddler on your doorstep any day now. She might also have her little sister with her. You can never start 'em too early.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

She is so adorable. Toodlerhood is fun, but filled with challenges...I guess every phase of life is. Enjoy!