Thursday, June 24, 2010

We're Still Here, I Promise

Life without 24-hour access to the internet is interesting. A little frustrating. A little relaxing. A little isolating. What did we ever do without internet, blogging, facebooking, emailing, online banking or hair straighteners? I will never know, except for the last point. We just had really, really frizzy, huge hair. Or maybe that was just me...

Well, I have survived a cross-country move, 2 weeks without my husband, moving in with my mom (which has been heavenly), living in the country with spiders and bugs and spiders, two family reunions (one which starts today), living out of suitcases, preparing for a home wedding and the actual event itself--my sister's spectacular wedding.

The wedding was beautiful. My bridesmaid dress fit (It was a close call). And my sister was beyond gorgeous. And I know you want to see pictures, but guess what happened? I didn't take any. Figures, I suppose. You pop out two babies, buy a nice camera, lose all sense of reality caring for those two babies, and you forget to use your camera for the one of the most monumental moments of your life. But I do plan on stealing a few pictures from my cousin (I miss you) to post on my blog over the next few days. And if you have jealousy issues, you might not want to look. My sister was (and is) just that gorgeous.

One more thing. Since being home, I have met so many of you (or just one person) that read my blog. You all have had such nice things to say about it. If I met you, I have to say that it was really nice meeting you. Really, really nice.

Anyhow, I'm off to another family reunion. And I'm sure I'll forget to take pictures. Oh, and it is hot outside. Hot! I forgot how hot Oklahoma can be.

I must go straighten my hair for the 14th time today. It frizzed at the thought of being outside.

Talk to you all soon...we're getting internet at my mom's house. Just bringing her into the 21st century.

No comments: