Thursday, September 2, 2010

Eat. Jet Lag. Culture Shock.

I took a total of 836 total pictures in Italy. And that's not including the 400 duplicate-type pictures I deleted from my camera.

And I'm posting every single one of them on my blog.

So get ready.

It's going to be a long and boring next two years.


Jet lag is nuts. Its bonkers. I never got past it. Never got over it. I had drowsy days and sleepless nights the entire week. If you've never had a case of jet lag, you should totally get it sometime. It's so worth it.

We spent two days in Rome. Two glorious days. I never expected to fall in love with Rome like I did. The first thing we did when we got there? Eat, of course. Isn't that what you do in Rome, Julia Roberts?

We found a little local restaurant for lunch, and it was so great because we were the only tourists there.


They were so nice and welcoming to us, and I was able to practice my "I-have-culture-shock-but-I'm-not-going-to-act-like-it-even-though-everyone-knows-I-have-culture-shock-face".
I should be the poster child for jet lag. I swear this is the worst I looked the whole trip. At least this is the worst I'll show you.

How did Jason deal with his culture shock?
He didn't. He didn't have it.
He's the perfect traveler and I love traveling with him. I have to travel with him. It's a necessity. Because I'm a complete mess when I travel. You should ask him. He'll tell you the truth.

But the real question is. How did Jason deal with jet lag?

Well, he dealt with it on our bus tour of Rome.
Wait for it.


Wait for it.


Wait for it.


Now.
I might have had the worst case of culture shock, jet lag, and looking like a total idiot foreigner, but at least I didn't fall asleep on a bus tour in Rome.

Coming up next? Praying in India. Just kidding. The best meal I've ever had! And it's going to get really disgusting.

5 comments:

The Seat House said...

I am laughing out loud....that was great!!!

Newberry said...

That is hilarious! It looks like he could sleep anywhere!

OK Chick said...

Love the pictures! I can't wait to see them all.

So, one time I was in Switzerland, on a tour bus, and totally fell asleep. I was snoring loud in the back row. Super embarrassing, but I didn't care.

Allison said...

Hahahahhaah this made me laugh out loud!!

Jaime said...

I am so jealous. Looks amazing. can't wait to see more of your fabulous pics. Glad you are back to blogging.