Saturday, September 11, 2010

Punishment: Public Humiliation

In the midst of all of the sickness that has swept through my house, I forgot that I promised my husband that I would punish him on my blog. And I'm not one to go back on my word. So here it goes.

Last weekend, I had a few errands to run so I told Jason that I would run them while the girls were napping. I put the girls in their cribs for their naps, folded some laundry, put it in piles on my bed and headed out the door. A couple hours later I walked in the door and something didn't seem quite right. Jason was asleep on the couch, and the living room and kitchen were in complete disarray. Books were scattered, things were in the wrong places, items from the pantry were strewn all over the floor. So I immediately went into the girls room to check on them, and Stella was there but Chloe was not. I ran through the house calling her name only to find her in our room, on our bed, playing with our folded laundry.

I woke Jason up and asked him what happened. He told me that Chloe started crying right after I left. So he got her out, put her next to him on the couch, and the next thing he knew I was waking him up.

This is why men are not mothers. Mothers do not fall asleep when they are supposed to be taking care of their children.

Or at least they wouldn't get caught doing it.

Punishment. Consider it served.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

so Jeremy may or may not have left with house with Cooper asleep one time.... apparently telling him AND leaving the baby carrier by the door wasn't enough to remind him!

Erick said...

bhahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahaha

Gena said...

This is priceless. Erick said this is "typical Jason" as he laughed. I would say this is typical Erick, typical Fred, and typical male in general. One task at a time.......

Erick said...

shoooot...I'm a regular Mr. Mom, don't let her fool you;)

Anonymous said...

It is obvious to me that your daughter injected Lash with to much of his asthma medicine. She knocked him out. This is not Jason's fault. I would also like to revoke Erick's man card for selling a brother out.

Neil Arter

Jessica said...

Awesome. I once saw a dad in WalMart with 2 kids leave one in the basket-she couldn't have been over 2 years old-while he took the little boy to the bathroom. I hung around to keep an eye on her bc I felt it was my duty as a mother. Who knows what could've happened to that child?! Men I tell ya...

Morgandi said...

Yeah, blame it all on the 18-month old, Neil. The 32-year old had nothing to do with it.

Vicki said...

Hummm...once upon a time in San Antonio, Tx a similiar thing happened but while Gary slept Blake cut HALF of Cara's hair off! The worst thing, Gary didn't even notice half her hair was gone after HIS nap,yet the mother noticed right away several hours after "the big cut" when she got home from working a wedding!MEN!