Monday, October 18, 2010

It's Really, Really Bright


This fat, little chunk turned 30 yesterday.

And I think I've accepted the number....................... 30.


It just sounds so................ old.


And I don't feel a day over...................... 65.


Actually, I feel like I'm 24. I might even feel better than I did when I was 24.

I guess that age really is just a number.

I had a great birthday! It was a birthday weekend, to be exact. I was able to celebrate with my family and friends. And it reaffirmed my love of being home. For the past five years, I've felt so lonely on my birthdays, but not this year. Everybody was there. And we celebrated.

And I couldn't be more thankful to be 30. Even if it does make me an old woman.

And even if it compels my mom to say, "it's really, really bright," when referencing the candles on my cake.

But to be honest, it was really, really bright.

One more thing.... I made a little wish list last year. And I think most of my wishes came true. Except for number 7. And number 8. I kid! I kid!!!!! I spent my 30th birthday without a bun in the oven. And it's a good thing. My two daughters are running circles around me.

One more would age me beyond recognition. And I can't handle being any older than I already am.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

OK Chick said...

Happy Birthday! You don't look a day over 21. For real.