Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Simple Email

I received an email yesterday from a mom with two boys from a different part of the country. The oldest is 21 months and the youngest is 9 months. Just one week shy of being exactly a year apart. She told me that reading my blog was like looking at her life...and then I read her blog and said it was like looking at my life.

I guess my point is this. It's always nice to know that somebody out there is going through the same thing you are...the same struggles, the same triumphs, the same day-to-day life and routine as you. And sometimes I'm so consumed with my life, that I forget to look "out". I have to thank this mom for reaching out to me. Because it honestly feels like some sort of lifeline.

Most of the people I know who have had children very close together, have kids that are grown. And they just pat me on the shoulder, laugh and tell me that I'll survive.

Glad to know that there's someone out there surviving right along with me.

2 comments:

Diane Roach said...

Thanks for the shout out!!! Looking forward to getting through these difficult years.... (actually does it ever really get easier?!?!) .... with you and the blog world :c)

Jaime said...

How neat! It is nice to find someone that mirrors your life. I seem to look at people who have two boys and a baby girl like "hey, that is like my family." I am sure they probably could care less, and it is totally not like your situation, but none the less, I like to find commonalities. :-)