Friday, February 25, 2011

Crest--I Have a Beef with You

Crest is my favorite all time store. Well not really. I love me some Trader Joe's. However, I live in Oklahoma and we don't have Trader Joe's. And I'm not bitter really.

But for this time in my life, Crest is awesome for two reasons, and two reasons alone. Rock bottom prices and double-seat grocery carts. And the lady who always give my daugthers slices of cheese. Okay, three reasons.

But Crest really sent me into a state of euphoria when they added a huge inflatable gorilla in their parking lot to advertise for their huge 2-day meat sale. And I guess monkeys have a lot of meat on them, but I don't see the correlation unless they're selling monkey meat. But anyway, I love monkeys, gorillas, apes, etc. And my daughters love monkeys, gorillas, apes, etc. So when I saw this gorilla, the kid in me freaked out. And then my kids freaked out. And everyday since we saw the gorilla, Chloe has done nothing but talk about it. Every single time we get in the car she says (and somewhat whimpers), "Monkey, Monkey. I see Monkey. Hold you. Kiss you. Monkey. Mooooooooooonkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!"

My beef is this. The monkey is still in the parking lot, but it's no longer inflated. So it's just a blue (yes, the gorilla is blue) puddle. And it's a bit perplexing for an almost 2-year old. Today, I had to convince Chloe that the monkey was just sleeping. And so on our way into the store, she shushed everyone who made a peep. She would say, "Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Monkey's sleeping."

And I don't know how long I can keep this explanation up. And I don't know how long I can see this puddle of a monkey without feeling sad that the gorilla's not up anymore. And I don't know if it's really okay for a 30-year old to love monkeys so much.

And I still don't know how a monkey and a meat-sale go together.

But I guess you have your reasons.

And I guess I'll have to get over it.

We sure did have fun while it lasted.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I wondered about the gorilla and meat sale too, but then I saw a sign that said Primal Meat Sale. Viv was excited about seeing him too by the way!