Saturday, February 19, 2011

Divide and Conquer

I've been in a complete state of bliss for the past 24 hours...minus the sinus infection, fever and being rear-ended and the driver deciding to take off. Luckily for me, no damage. So while that might not seem blissful, this part of the story is.

I've been kid free for the past 24 hours.

Jason took Chloe to his brother's house and I shipped Stella to my mom's house.

And I would love to tell you that my children have missed me so much. That they begged and pleaded to come back home. That they absolutely cannot live without me and that they will need me to tuck them into bed every night until they are at least 35.

But...

They are having a ball. Chloe has had more fun than possible; spending time with my aunt, uncle and cousin. No home sickness. No asking for me. Just a lot of fun.

And when I dropped Stella off at my mom's house, I asked for a kiss before I left. She started waving her hands in front of her face and yelled, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" And then when I snuck one anyway, she pushed me and said "Bye bye" and clung to her YaYa.

While it makes me a little sad that they don't want me around for every single second, it makes me feel so proud to think that these little girls are so adaptable. That they enjoy different experiences. And that they feel confident enough to spend a little time away from me.

Makes me feel like I've done a little something right.

And as my alone time comes to an end, I feel refreshed and I just realized that I haven't cleaned up a single mess or washed a million sippy cups in the past 24 hours. And it feels good.

But I do have to say, that I can't wait for all of us to back together again. Even if it means cleaning up messes and washing sippy cups.


2 comments:

bloggerjam said...

learn how to get anything you want free here http://earngreatm
oneytodaywithpoints2shoprefferalprogra
m.weebly.com/

Rumana Akter said...

Throughout the ages, people have turned to esoteric disciples such as astrology, tarot and clairvoyance to seek answers to life’s important questions. In today’s modern world, these ancient practices are having a resurgence a greater number of people are looking for alternative and natural solutions to life's everyday problems.

Falling in Love