Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Days Like Today

I love days like today. Warm weather. Windows open. No television. Regina Spektor playing. Patty Griffin playing. Ryan Adams playing.

I love days like today because my eldest is in her own little world in the back yard.

And I love days like today, because it's 4:30 and in spite of my attempts to wake my youngest up from her nap, she's still snoozing. And so is her beloved baby doll.

And I love days like today because I'm caught up on the cleaning. On the laundry. On a couple projects. On work.
And it feels nice to finely be caught up a little bit.

And I love today. Because my daughter is begging me to come and play with her and her wooden monkey (don't ask). And she wants me to "sit on car. Push you." And so I'll probably go and let her push me around the back porch. (And yes, she is as strong as an ox.)

And I love today. Simply because it's today. And it's warm. And the windows are open. And I'm with my babies. And the music is playing. And my daughter will soon be pushing me in her toy car. And it's going to get real interesting when I try to get my tushy on that tiny thing.

And there's no place else I'd rather be.

Except for maybe Hawaii. But that's not happening anytime soon.

So... home is just fine with me.

1 comment:

Donald Douglas said...

Love the blog!